The L-Unjoni Philarmonic Society of Luqa was founded in 1880 by Mro. Vincenzo Camilleri. He gathered a few young village boys to teach them music, with the hope that one day he will form a local Band. Although originally the club's activities were only musical ones, nowadays it spread more its activities in order to enrich the feast of St Andrew which is celebrated annually in our village. In fact the club has its own band sub-committee, fireworks factory, decorations team, youths section and a women’s sub-committee.